Part Time RN for Immediate Start
About Elm Rd.
Elm Rd. is a new mixed billing practice spread across three locations in NSW and Vic.
Elm Rd. offers a refreshing change from conveyor-belt medicine. You’ll provide:
- Convenient care in a practice that embraces new technologies and maintains a strong social media presence
- Preventive care through periodic community seminars where you can respond to local needs, educate patients and get to know them better.
Elm Rd. offers a sea change in more ways than one. We love life by the beach but we’re really seeking to change primary care. Our patient-centric practice model is designed to empower patients and providers alike to facilitate genuine and lasting wellness.
It’s about so much more than the medical consultation. We’re trying to make it easy for our patients to engage with us and improve their health before, during and after their visit by:
- Using technologies to improve the patient experience such as online bookings, SMS reminders and health education in the waiting room
- Providing informative and engaging information packs to improve self-care between visits
- Investing in our doctors and nurses to ensure their services benefit the local community through regular educational seminars and a strong social media presence.
Our Warriewood Clinic is located in the Northern Beaches suburb of Warriewood, NSW. The clinic is a modern family practice within a busy shopping centre. That makes it easy and convenient for patients to see us. It also means our staff benefit from onsite parking and easy access to coffee!
Our Warners Bay and Altona clinics will be located in brand new buildings with state-of-the-art facilities.
All locations are ideal for health professionals who want to work in a medical centre with a focus on quality patient care in a friendly, supportive and welcoming environment.
About the Practice Nurse Position
We’re looking for a Registered Nurse to join our newly-established medical centre in Warriewood Square.
As our practice nurse, you’ll play a key role in our clinic by:
- Assisting doctors in delivering medical services as required
- Maintaining a recall and reminder system
- Delivering wound care
- Carrying out immunisations and other procedures
- Assisting doctors with Health Assessments
- Assisting doctors with Chronic Disease Management
It takes a special kind of person to be a practice nurse. You’ll be someone who:
- Displays a caring attitude to patients
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates problem-solving and time management skills
- Is self-motivated
- Takes a team approach
- Maintains compassion and professionalism
- Works well under pressure or when tasks are urgent
- Pays close attention to detail
- Has proven multi-tasking skills.
You’ll need to have:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 12 months nursing experience in a hospital or primary care setting
- Experience and knowledge of Care Plans and Health Assessments
- Advanced level of computer skills
- Experience in Medical Director software (desirable)
- Previous experience in private practice (highly regarded).
Why Elm Rd?
Elm Rd. cares about the patient and the wider community. We're part of our local community and are committed to the overall wellbeing of that community. Parallel to a commitment to quality healthcare, we strive to go even further in customer service.
Elm Rd. gives you the chance to make a bigger difference. It’s a chance to try a different approach to achieve a different outcome.
You’ll treat the patient right in front of you but you’ll also take a community-wide approach. You’ll use your nursing skills to connect with patients, support doctors, and improve the health of your local community.